Morley Towing Service knows that during the holiday period, the towing of trailers, boats and caravans is at its peak. We want to ensure your are safe, please read the following article.
Cautiously take a look at the tow-hitch, security chains and the tow-bar and ball on your own vehicle. Ensure they generally secure with no broken welds, rust or is compromised in any way.
Additionally, ensure that the trailer coupling fits correctly on the tow-ball and can't bounce off. Some have screw fittings to fix the coupling. The safety chain interfaces through a 'D' shackle to a section on the tow-bar. Ensure prior to leaving that the shackle is secure and are crossed over.
Trailer tyres need to be legal just like those on the tow-car. They also need to be suited to load-carrying, so light-truck rubber is preferable. Make sure the trailer comes with a suitable spare wheel and you have a jack that will lift it when laden. Your car jack is unlikely to do the job, make sure you have one will work in you get a flat tyre.
Lights are connected to your car via cable supplied by the trailer owner. If it doesn't fit the plug on your car you will need an adaptor. Commercial hire operators should have the right item on hand, your buddy probably won't but they are cheap to buy at any good auto accessories store.
Be safe and enjoy your holidays. Morley Tow Services, Tow Truck Morley.
The onset of winter also means it is a good time to ensure your vehicle's maintenance is up to date. Freezing temperatures can lead to issues with your vehicles.
1. Your battery may die in colder weather. It’s a good idea to have your battery tested every time there is a routine service (like an oil change) performed on the vehicle. It also helps to keep your car or truck in a garage during the winter months if possible.
2. Stay ahead of these common winter problems, be sure to have your trusted auto technician regularly check your oil, antifreeze, power steering, brake and transmission fluids. Leaks can also occur; it helps to warm up your vehicles before driving them.
3. Parts corrode. Constant damp can cause these to corrode. Wash vehicles regularly to protect the undercarriage, brakes and wheel wells.
4. Your tyre pressure can drop. Most tyres lose pressure over time. Under-inflated tyres do not perform well in cold/icy weather, so it is crucial to check your tyre pressure throughout the winter season.
5. Ignition components including spark plugs/coils can fail and even a clogged filter may cause your vehicle not to start, so it’s a great idea to check these from time to time, most often best to when you have your car serviced.
Morley Tow Services provide the highest quality tow services if you find yourself in need of rescue should any of the above occur. Call us when you are in need and we’ll get to you urgently as we understand nobody enjoys sitting in the rain and cold conditions of winter.
Flatbed tow trucks morley are one of the most popular and widely used towing vehicles. A flatbed truck configuration has a empty bed with a flat top. Apart from vehicles there are a wide variety of other uses such as heavy equipment, sea container transport and boats to mention a few can be transported on flatbed tow trucks. They without a doubt one of the safest ways to tow vehicles.
From the outset the job that a tow truck plays appears to be very fundamental: simply moving your vehicle that have failed, crashed, or has been incapacitated. As a client nonetheless, you presumably need it to be moved without causing any further damage. That makes things a touch more perplexing – and something you unquestionably don't have any desire to depend on a novice towing company to do the work. Any person with a truck can tow a vehicle – that is the simple part. You specifically need a flatbed tow truck. Despite the fact that there are a few sorts of tow trucks that are reasonable for certain jobs, flatbed will always be the better choice. Wen utilised appropriately, a flatbed truck is particularly valuable for ordinary clients since it offers the most obvious opportunity to stay away from those unwanted dings.
When considering and other towing services, flatbed towing guarantees that the entirety of a towed vehicle's wheels are put onto the tow truck's flat tray. As such, when a flatbed tow truck is utilised, it ensures that no wear and wear will happen to the towed vehicle's tyres or any harm is brought about to any other parts, such as transmission or under carriage.
Check out our Service Areas
flatbed towing, flatbed towing service, morley tow truck, tow truck morley