The onset of winter also means it is a good time to ensure your vehicle's maintenance is up to date. Freezing temperatures can lead to issues with your vehicles.
1. Your battery may die in colder weather. It’s a good idea to have your battery tested every time there is a routine service (like an oil change) performed on the vehicle. It also helps to keep your car or truck in a garage during the winter months if possible.
2. Stay ahead of these common winter problems, be sure to have your trusted auto technician regularly check your oil, antifreeze, power steering, brake and transmission fluids. Leaks can also occur; it helps to warm up your vehicles before driving them.
3. Parts corrode. Constant damp can cause these to corrode. Wash vehicles regularly to protect the undercarriage, brakes and wheel wells.
4. Your tyre pressure can drop. Most tyres lose pressure over time. Under-inflated tyres do not perform well in cold/icy weather, so it is crucial to check your tyre pressure throughout the winter season.
5. Ignition components including spark plugs/coils can fail and even a clogged filter may cause your vehicle not to start, so it’s a great idea to check these from time to time, most often best to when you have your car serviced.
Morley Tow Services provide the highest quality tow services if you find yourself in need of rescue should any of the above occur. Call us when you are in need and we’ll get to you urgently as we understand nobody enjoys sitting in the rain and cold conditions of winter.